Sunday, May 25, 2008
My new favorite sauce-GARLIC SAUCE
I am a big fan of vegetables so I love to make a bunch of different ways to eat them. I came up with this garlic sauce that I am a big fan of. This sauce is particularly good with "stir fry" type vegetables with grilled chicken and rice.
Considering 1 1/2-2 cups of vegetables is a serving:
one clove of garlic minced for each person
paprika-sprinkle all over veggies (probably about 1/2 tsp per person, but just dash it in)
5 dashes soy sauce per person (low sodium)
2 tsp brown sugar perperson
diced green onions (to throw in during last minute of cooking)
1. With 1 tbs oil, stir fry vegetables(The frozen stir fry mixes are awesome)
2. During last 2 minutes of cooking throw in all of the above ingredients.
3. Turn heat to medium and keep stirring so all of the ingredients turn into a saucy consistency
4. Pour vegetables with sauce over rice and grilled chicken and there ya go!
5. Adjust amounts of ingredients to your liking, I don't measure I just throw it all in...