Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lemon Broccoli Risotto ...I'm a big fan


You will need:
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 small onion-chopped
2 garlic cloves-peeled and minced
2 cups broccoli florets-bite size pieces
3 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tsp lemon zest
1 cup Arborio Rice uncooked
3 cups vegetable stock
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup graded parmesan cheese (I usually do more cause I love cheese)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley-chopped finely

1) In a large pan heat oil over MEDIUM heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 2 minutes
2)Add lemon juice, zest, and rice. Stir this mixture frequently until the rice is golden brown
3)Add 1/2 cup of the broth and turn heat to med/low. Wait until liquid is absorbed then add another 1/2 cup broth. Keep doing this until all broth is used. (do not add next 1/2 cup broth until the previous one is absorbed)
4)When adding last of the broth add the broccoli and peas. Cook until liquid is absorbed and veg are tender. About 5-7 minutes.
5)Take off heat and add cheese, parsley, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and everything looks delicious!

TIPS:
This is a good form of healthy carbs, but don't serve up a huge plate! Add even more broccoli and serve with some grilled chicken seasoned with lemon pepper! Portion control is key!!
Enjoy...

2 comments:

Lori Taylor said...

Calli, I made your recipe on Sunday. We really enjoyed it. I need the recipe that you brought for Jason's graduation party. Love your recipes. Thanks

Ashlyn said...

Calli, I made this recipe tonight. Everyone really liked it. I made it with Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken, and that was delicious with it. It would maybe help if on the recipes you put the cook time, and the serving size. I wasn't sure if I should double it or not because I was making 4 servings. And I wasn't sure when to start the chicken. Just a suggestion for ya! Thanks for the recipe, I look forward to making the Fruit Salsa one this weekend!!