Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Baked Acorn Squash
I love this...
Oven does the work...
You will need:
An Acorn squash
tsp apple cider vinegar (optional, but I love)
As for servings, I did manage to consume one entire acorn squash myself, but I would say one acorn squash could serve 2-3 people, depending on the size and if you treat it as a side dish or main dish.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2)Slice acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds.
3)Place face down in a baking dish, Bake for 35-40 minutes
4)Remove from oven and turn the squash over (facing up)
5) Place S&P, oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar in one half of squash and place the other half back on top.
6) Bake an addition 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
7) Take out, let cool, open squash and drizzle remaining sauce over the two halves.
8) Take a spoon and eat it right of its shell...
Simple is always best :)
Next Im going to develop a recipe that is similar but with some kind of hardy filling... mmmmm
Winter squash are good to excellent
sources of Vitamin A, beta-carotene,
potassium, vitamin C and fiber.
Winter squash also contains niacin,
folate, and iron.
Winter squash is low in calories. It is fat
free and cholesterol free.
Wow, eat these up!!!